Eligibility for the Georgia National Guard Service Cancelable Loan
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of the term of funding;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of the term of funding;
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a certificate, diploma, or undergraduate degree program;
- Be in good standing according to the applicable regulations of the GNG;
- Not be in default on a federal Title IV, State of Georgia educational loan, or owe a refund on a federal or State of Georgia student financial aid program;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.